OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS SERVICES
The Office of the International Affairs Service (OIAS) is the technical Secretariat that ably assists the academic in the implementation of education, cultural exchange and internship matters involving other countries and international education organizations. OIAS shall be responsible for coordinating and harmonizing, all the international dimensions of EARIST that emanate from the respective mandates of the CHED Memorandum Order. With two (2) units, the Student Mobility and Internship.
1. STUDENT MOBILITY
- 1. Inbound Mobility, number of students from abroad study in a given country.
- 1.1.1 Exchange Visitors Program, an international exchange program administered to implement the Mutual Education and Cultural Exchange Act.
- 1.1.2 Cultural Exchange Program, an exchange of students between athlete, artists, and other between two countries to promote mutual understanding.
- 2. Outbound Mobility, number of students from a given country studying abroad.
- 1.2.1 Study Abroad, is the term given to a program, usually run through a university, which allows a student to live in a foreign country and attend a foreign university.
- 1.2.2 Academic Short Courses, an academic program is defined as any combination of Courses and/or requirements leading to a degree or certificate, or to a major, co-major, minor or academic track and/or concentration.
2.INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIP, refers to the application of all classroom learning to actual work such as but not limited to commercial and industrial services, government, or non- government agencies conducted abroad for purposes of completion of the academic degree.